You ever have stuff you want to do in life, but things just haven’t lined up the right way?
We’ve been talking about a move for a number of years, but always had some reason not to take action. Here are some of the things that recently came together for us, both in terms of circumstances and attitude.
1. Because I’m 40 and only getting older every day.
I want to do this before we’re too old or are no longer able.
2. Because I’m happiest when I’m growing and evolving as a person.
The best way I know to do that is to go out into the world and explore. Try new things. Get out of my comfort zone. Meet new, different people and experience new cultures.
3. Because I haven’t found my calling yet.
I’ve been doing the same thing over and over and getting the same results, so it’s time to change things up in the quest for different results. Maybe this will lead me to my calling. Maybe not. But why not find out?
4. Because I don’t want to have regrets.
You usually regret the things you don’t do more than the things you did. I don’t want to look back in 20 years and wonder “what if?”, and I can’t imagine regretting doing this.
5. Because being surrounded by beautiful things doesn’t bring me happiness.
As I go through the house, I find so few things that I really treasure, while the photos of our trips and experiences warm me with memories. Less stuff. More experiences.
6. Because the kids are still young and not set into their activities and friends yet.
Even at 4 and 6, it’s hard to uproot them, but it will be more challenging as they get older. It’s easy to see what they’re giving up, but I also feel like they’re going to benefit from the change, the different experiences and watching their parents follow their dreams.
7. Because Chuck has a job that he’s able to do part-time remote.
If we didn’t have that, this would be much harder as that’s our only source of income right now. That opportunity wasn’t there in the past and may not be in the future, so we need to act now.
8. Because I want to live life instead of feeling like life is living me.
I feel like I’ve had the same 1 year of experiences over and over for 5 years instead of 5 different years of experience. It’s time to stop the world, jump off and go down a new path.
9. Because we finally found where we want to go.
We finally found the place where we feel we should be. It’s much easier for us to take the hard steps when we’ve got a new love!
10. Because it’s Hawaii and why the hell not go?